Communications and Media Relations Specialist
Data de publicação:
27 de fevereiro de 2019
Tipo de vaga:
Número da Vaga:
Marketing e vendas
- Institute of plant-based products
Descrição da vaga
- The Communications and Media Relations Specialist has a critical role in ensuring that a good food future happens as quickly and efficiently as possible. You will lead the conversation on the growing plant-based and " clean meat " industries to further the work of the world's top entrepreneurs and scientists who are focused on developing healthy, humane, and sustainable alternatives to factory-farmed products.
How You Will Make a Difference
As Communications and Media Relations Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that leads the public conversation about the life-changing, planet-saving potential of plant-based and clean meat. By managing interactions with major print, broadcast, and online media outlets, you will be the company´s voice in the media and will play a critical role in attracting press coverage for policy, innovation, science, and corporate engagement work. You will also be responsible for reviewing and improving the language in reports and work with startup companies to promote new product launches and pitch the latest in plant-based and clean meat tech, enjoying a front-row seat to the transformation of the animal agriculture industry. This game-changing role includes:
- Managing media interactions: pitching stories, responding to journalists, and building relationships with reporters and editors.
- Ensuring that the company is portrayed as the expert in this space with both food industry and popular media by Representing all aspects of the company and our work through interactions with the media.
- Writing impactful op-eds and letters in response to relevant news stories.
- Creating and translating articles to company's Blog in Brazil, social media and also articles about Brazil to US blog.
- Assisting in the development and execution of campaign strategies for the communications department and mission-aligned startups.
- Planning and producing organized events and participation in industry events
Who We're Looking For
- A bachelor's degree
- Experience in a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Portuguese and English - portfolio required.
- Organizations skills to manage multiple inquiries from different media outlets.
- The ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Support for company's philosophy and ability to advocate professionally for positions
- We want the best people and we don't want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment both during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, CLT
- Reports to: Managing Director, Brazil
- Location: Remote
- Benefits: Working from home (we can also work with you on co-working space options, if you prefer) , full medical coverage, flexible holiday and vacation plans, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
São Paulo – Vila OlimpiaAv Cardoso de Melo, 1184
br +55 11 3382-0100